The IT Director will be responsible for the management, strategy, and execution of key aspects of IT for our growing organization. This professional will be responsible for the department’s strategic priorities, process improvements, collaboration, security and compliance for the organization and our end-user community. This individual will oversee and direct the effective delivery of High performance engineering Compute Infrastructure, Networking, Cybersecurity, and Helpdesk. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned IT leader who has a solid understanding of the IT function, and experience in scaling systems, to have a strong impact at a crucial time of our company’s growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical expertise on data network and backup systems, firewall, and security issues, high performance compute servers, and telephone systems.
- Provide oversight to network/security operations to maintain network reliability, integrity and ensure standards of compliance are met. Act upon network events with a high sense of urgency and customer care to resolve network issues and maintain optimal service levels.
- Be responsible for ensuring the company’s network, computer hardware, and data are protected from loss and security breach. Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with solutions and procedures that increase data security and ensure business continuity. Identify, recommend, and implement IT cybersecurity, tools, and equipment for the organization
- Oversee all IT assets and infrastructure across multiple global offices.
- Direct and support the implementation of new software and hardware. Determine and recommend departmental product feasibility and advanced technical approaches and designs.
- Manage a ticket system to facilitate excellent end user support. Recommend improvements for operational and workflow efficiency.
- Support and manage end-user IT equipment inventory, laptops, monitors, mobile devices, printers, etc.
- Effectively and harmoniously manage the IT team in a manner that optimizes individual and a team performance, and is committed to an exceptional customer end-user experience.
- Apply leadership and technical skills with consistency and reliability to support and lead a growing IT team.
- Create and maintain well documented processes coupled with efficient and consistent work that conforms to audit, security, and business continuity requirements.
- Plan, optimize and oversee the yearly IT budget and negotiate best solutions and fees with vendors for renewals and acquisition of new systems
- Be a partner to Senior leadership by proposing options, solutions and detailed development plans for the department and IT systems
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equally relevant degree. MS degree a plus.
- 10+ years applicable managerial experience in Information Technology, preferably in high-tech industries.
- 5+ years successfully managing a staff of IT professionals.
- IT leadership skills and ability to thrive in fast growth company, preferably in high tech industries.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of cybersecurity standards and compliance requirements.
- Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated technical skills, along with:
- A hands-on and roll-up-the-sleeves disposition.
- Enthusiastic problem solving, attention to detail and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in dynamic, fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide staff with technical leadership and mentoring across disciplines.
- Approachable, open, and consultative. A team player, functioning as a part of the overall IT team, with the overall mission in mind.
It’d Be Amazing If You Had:
- Have a track-record of scaling and managing global teams
- Have worked in companies with 500+ employees
- Extremely detail oriented
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Able to adapt to fast moving, changing environment
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.